Thursday, July 19, 2012

Class Rules

I made these 3 posters - I'm changing up my behavior system so I have the students rate their behavior and match with the teacher's rating.  One poster is meant for older students and the other for younger students:














I have only made a "rate behavior" poster for the upper grades: I want a simplified version of this for the little ones, so I'm still making that one.




My plan is for students to exercise their math skills by keeping a weekly total and they are awarded prizes at the end of the week for the number of points they earn or the average. The prizes will be as follows:


21- 25 points per week  (or average score of 4.2 through 5) -- big prize or reinforcement
15-20 points per week (or average score of 3 through 4) -- small prize
14 and below -- (averages below 3 points) - a skittle unless there are systematic behavior issues that need to be addressed  - no reward will be given for chronic behavior issues, but I will attempt to resolve these problems by consulting with Regular Ed. teacher, Principal, and/or Parents - Remember I have a short 30 minute class, so collaboration is a valuable tool.


I also want to add in extra rewards for academic progress including DIBELS and math Curriculum based assessments - if progress made stays above the aimline then an extra 5 points can be added to the running weekly total.


No comments:

Post a Comment