Thursday, August 2, 2018

Assignment 5 - Peer Review Video Lesson using YouTube


Shoe Tying

I filmed myself teaching basic shoe-tying. Overall it was a great learning experience. I was very quiet in the video, and I re-film myself, but I just have a naturally quiet voice, which works out in the small group instruction. That’s what I do most of the time. I think if I recorded myself teaching I would be able to improve. The basics of voice projection and body language are something I’ve been fascinated with and working on. I’d love to work on that and record myself to see what improvements it would have on my teaching.
In receiving feedback, I think we are all trying to be very nice to each other. I expected more criticism. I know I was too quiet to be heard on my device at certain points. I think it would be good to film ourselves enough that we no longer pay attention to the camera. I think I’d be more natural either without a camera, or if I used it enough that I forgot it was there. In giving feedback, I wanted to point out the good things more than I wanted to critique or criticize what I was seeing. I think feedback can be great, and I also think we can be harder on ourselves than others are--so videoing ourselves can be great for self-critiquing as well. I think I learn something new whenever I am given the opportunity to watch myself teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment